Monday, May 3, 2010

Testimonial from Black Belt James Goller

Testimonial of Martial Arts Mastery
by Master James Goller, 4th dan black belt
In my 35 years of training in Tae Kwon Do, I have seen the most amazing changes in people who commit to the lifestyle of a martial artist. I have seen some rather geeky kids become outstanding athletes and role models to others. When I started as a teenager, I too was a geeky kid who thought Karate classes would help me defend myself from hippie teenage kids. But after becoming a black belt and running my own school for many years, martial arts has become more spiritual, with a more profound meaning.

Given the honor of teaching is a great responsibility, and being able to turn a normal person from the street into a Jun Chong black belt is no easy chore. I feel (it is my) responsibility to always change myself and my students, both physically and mentally. With Grandmaster Chong's system, as with my life, the road never ends. That is the essence of Master Chong's teaching, CHANGE. My training and discipline has guided me through the toughest chapters and near death experiences in my life, and I would not trade my martial arts experience for anything on this earth (not even a full head of hair)!

1 comment: