Full name: David Skaggs
Occupation or education level: Professor and Chief of Orthoapedic Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles / USC School of Medicine
Belt Rank, Training since: Blue Belt, trained previously in 3 schools in Kung Fu, San Soo, and Tae Kwon Do when I was in my early 30s.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words: Enthusiastic, humorous, loser
2. Name one thing you wish you knew before joining Tae Kwon Do: How to do the splits
3. Your biggest vice: Girly cocktails
4. Your favorite food: Kim chi
5. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you? Spending more time with my son Clay as we work out a lot at home together, and being humbled as he picks up things faster than me and teaches me.
6. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in Tae Kwon Do? Last week I was feeling quite prideful, as it seemed my kicks against the bag were the most powerful in the class, then I realized I was the only student over age 10.
7. What are your hobbies? Meditation, eastern spiritualism, skiing, boogie boarding, writing textbooks
8. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do? To be with Clay in such a positive environment of physical and mental discipline, hard work, pursuit of excellence and respect for others.
9. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do? Rather than answer this question, I would like to say that this school is made up of the most welcoming and friendly students and teachers.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Having my butt kicked by my son, Clay when sparring.
Belt Rank: Purple with white stripe
Q. Describe yourself in 3 words: Best, Nice, and KindQ. Your biggest vice: Lying
Q. Your favorite food: Rice Cake
Q. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you? It made me stronger
Q. What are your hobbies? Reading books and building LEGOS
Q. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do? My friends wanted to goQ. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do? Doing forms