Monday, March 1, 2010

March Students of the Month!

Congratulations to our March Students of the Month
Valery Steinberg and Hunter Isaacson

Full name: VALERY STEINBERG
Occupation: RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
Belt Rank/Training since: RED BELT, 1993-1994, 7/2007-PRESENT

1. Describe yourself in 3 words:
SARCASTIC (PER MY WIFE), REASONABLE, POLITE

2. Name one thing you wish you knew before joining Tae Kwon Do:
HOW TO BE CONFIDENT WITH MYSELF

3. Your biggest vice:
COMPUTER ADDICT

4. Your favorite food:
BAKED POTATO, SHRIMPS, SUSHI…

5. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you?
LOST 20 LBS, LOST 20 YEARS (in age)…

6. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in Tae Kwon Do?
LOST MY SELF-CONTROL FOR A MOMENT WHILE SPARRING WITH A FEMALE STUDENT… SORRY…

7. What are your hobbies?
MAKING HOME VIDEOS AND TAKING PICTURES…

8. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do?
DECISION TO REJOIN JCTKD HAS BEEN INSPIRED BY MY DAUGHTER STEPHANIE RIGHT AFTER HER BLACK BELT TESTING…

9. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do?
BREAKING…

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
TO BE A STUDENT OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH, 2015

P.S. THERE IS A PROVERB (TRANSLATED FROM RUSSIAN):
"IF YOU WANT TO MAKE GOD LAUGH – MAKE PLANS…"


Full name: Hunter James Isaacson
Education Level: 5th grade
Belt Rank/Training since: Red with White Stripe, started in Feb. 2005 and just started my 6th year at JCTKD.

1. Describe yourself in 3 words:
Funny, Radical, Honest.

2. Name one thing you wish you knew before joining Tae Kwon Do:
I wish I knew how to kick higher.

3. Your biggest vice:
I need to eat more protein, consistently finish my dinner and drink all of my milk.

4. Your favorite food:
Mozza's Margherita Pizza.

5. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you?
Tae Kwon Do has helped make me feel me more confident, stronger and faster…

6. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in Tae Kwon Do?
The most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in Tae Kwon Do was when I asked a black belt to put the x-ray paper at his head level and I missed it by a foot and a half and nearly fell on my butt. Ouch!

7. What are your hobbies?
My favorite hobbies are sports such as baseball, flag football and skiing as well as movies, playing my saxophone and I love to travel to new places.

8. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do?
I was being bullied at school in kindergarten and my Mom and Dad wanted me to learn how to take care of myself.

9. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do?
I think I’m best in weapons, drill team and form. Plus, my kicks are much higher as well.

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I plan on being a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a First degree black belt in Jiu Jitsu.

No comments:

Post a Comment