Monday, January 4, 2010

STUDENTS OF THE MONTH!



Congratulations to our Students of the Month
Brian Weinberg and Rocio Rincon!



Full Name: Brian Weinberg
Occupation: Healthcare financial management
Belt Rank, Training since: Red I, April 2007.

Q. Describe yourself in 3 words
A. Motivated fitness enthusiast

Q. Name one thing you wish you knew before joining Tae Kwon Do.
A. I wish I had started stretching many years ago. Flexibility is very difficult to achieve if you do not start early.

Q. Your biggest vice.
A. Eating large meals before class. I have trouble breaking this pattern.

Q. Your favorite food.
A. Brussels sprouts covered with melted cheese and hot sauce.

Q. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you?
A. I really enjoy Tae Kwon Do, and the energy it gives me. I try to make it a regular part of my life. At the beginning of every week, my wife and I discuss our respective schedules and those of the kids, with one of my goals being to fit in four or five classes for the week.

Q. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in Tae Kwon Do?
A. Master Chong was having me practice breaking a board with a stepping side kick. Three times in a row I missed the center of the board and kicked his thumb. I felt really guilty, and was really glad and quite relieved that I broke the board on my next attempt.

Q. What are your hobbies?
A. Cooking, helping the kids with their homework, driving fast cars.

Q. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do?
A. I enrolled my daughter in the Little Tigers class. I came for several weeks, watching her from the chairs with the other parents. I became intrigued by the intensity of the adult classes I watched either during or after her class, I decided to give it a try. It has been almost three years now. My daughter has long since moved onto other things, but I have become a regular. I really enjoy it.

Q. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do?
A. I can kiap very loud. It helps to offset some of the weaknesses I still have with my forms and techniques.

Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A. I will be at the back of the class. I will be the one with the loud kiap.



Full Name: Rocio Rincon
Occupation: Student, 5th grade
Belt Rank, Training since: Orange stripe, 2007

Q. Describe yourself in 3 words:
A. Athletic, active, responsible

Q. Name one thing you wish you knew before joining Tae Kwon Do:
A. I wish I knew that Tae Kwon Do was going to be a lot of fun.

Q. Your biggest vice:
A. To be jumping around a lot.

Q. Your favorite food:
A. Spanish Paella

Q. How has Tae Kwon Do changed you?
A. It's changed my attitude, it's changed my point of view of Martial Arts.

Q. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in Tae Kwon Do?
A. Once I fell when I was kicking the blue bag when I was doing a flying side kick.

Q. What are your hobbies?
A. I love to play sports and read.

Q. What made you want to join Tae Kwon Do?
A. My desire to know about Martial Arts.

Q. What are you best at in Tae Kwon Do?
A. I am best at forms or kicks in Tae Kwon Do.

Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A. I see myself with a higher belt and a lot of improvement.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute picture of Rocio! She has a great personality and martial arts talent.

    ReplyDelete